29 March 2011

self defined - new brief

I had a chat with Steve earlier who helped me a lot with my ideas and said how this brief really should be on something which I love as I can make it up by myself. After our discussion I was swayed towards designing the new album for one of my favourite bands and therefore designing their mechandise too. I have however decided against it as the sorts of illustration which would be appropriate just isn't my style.

After the last brief of creating my own typeface and using a lot of paper collage I decided to look into this further. I came across these by Jayme McGowan. Reminded me of a modern version of Joseph Cornell's boxes. They are so creative and intricate. Created in boxes like an installation I love her style and want to develop on from this. She said the reason behind her work is due to her ever growing collection of paper which I can relate to as I've been collecting random scraps of paper no matter how small for years and is the reason why my art cupboards are so full and messy. I am not entirely sure if I will create something like this but I like the layering of colours to create something 3D. Here are a few of my favourites:














No comments:

Post a Comment